The official home of the Howick Pakuranga Cricket Club, is Lloyd Elsmore Park. The park is named after Sir Lloyd Elsmore, a prominent local businessman and politician - KBch, OBE, JP. Mayor of Manukau City 1968-1983. Mayor of Ellerslie Borough 1956-1962.
Although a vast complex, some 69 hectares in area, the Lloyd Elsmore Park is cleverly designed, using natural partitions, pavilions, practice and training facilities and extensive carparks to divide the park into separate arenas for – cricket, soccer, hockey, touch, softball, BMX, netball and rugby. In addition, the park hosts the Howick Historical Village, two children’s playgrounds and an aquatics centre. The adjoining rugby fields and facilities, Bell Park, are on additional land that was donated by Dufty Bell.
Development of the park began in 1973 and it was officially opened in March 1981 by the then Prime Minister, The Right Hon Robert Muldoon with a large festival.
The cricket oval has 5 natural turf blocks and 7 artificial wickets, all with generous boundary dimensions. The elevated clubrooms have an excellent view from the lounge and deck across the whole park and especially the No 1 wicket.
The ground is used for Auckland Cricket ‘A’ Level fixtures and has long been preferred as the venue for age grade representative tournaments. Many NZ Black Caps and Auckland First Class players, will recall their first week of representative cricket at ‘Milo Tournaments’ on Lloyd Elsmore.
The Howick Pakuranga Cricket Club teams also host home games at Howick Domain, Ti Rakau Park and Barry Curtis Park, along with several schools and colleges in the local area.